Worldwide Virtual Classroom
Roberts Music Institute offers a variety of lesson options regarding location and access to world class music instructors. We have several satellite studios around the Puget Sound area from Everett to Tacoma and from West Seattle to North Bend. RMI Instructors can also travel to your home, to accommodating your busy schedule.There is a nominal travel fee, but very flexible scheduling. And finally, Skype lessons, giving access to students world wide.
Lessons at your Home
- Have the teacher come to your home
- use your own instruments
- convient for you – no traveling!
Benefits of Skype Lessons
- Convenience and flexibility of scheduling
- Do lessons from home – anywhere in the world
- Get video lesson plans and track your studies on a weekly basis
- Have access to our curriculum through our skilled instructors
- Do make up lessons when there is a conflict with your scheduled RMI lesson time
Lessons at the teacher’s location
- meet at the teacher’s personal studio
- work with whichever teacher is closest to you
- instruments provide or bring your own
Coordinating Skype Setup
Coordinating Skype lessons with an RMI instructor is simple, just follow the following steps:
- Download Skype and install on your Mac or PC
- Create a Skype account
- Search the Skype directory for RMI’s username: robertsmusicinstitute
- Send a contact request to RMI and await us to accept your request
- Schedule a Skype test call by reaching out to our front desk via phone or email
I’ve really enjoyed playing in the Pink Floyd band — which has now acquired Muse, Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age. I only joined a couple of months ago and already I am feeling far more comfortable playing in a group environment and I’m really looking forward to the coming performances. The environment is really easy-going, everyone is really friendly and patient. I highly recommend joining if you want to get good band experience!
Playing in front of a friendly crowd was good for my self-esteem. The audience was mainly parents of other students, so our group was guaranteed to get at least a golf clap. And just in case things got really out of hand, Jay was standing just offstage with a shepherd’s hook, providing technical support. RMI has all the bases covered.
Performances! I think it’s great, really helps to learn about the relationship between the band and the public. Getting them involved in the music which leads to having a good time, and hopefully brings them back to see you again! See ya there.
The Performance Bands are really great because they give you a push to really get good at songs, while still being relaxed enough that they never feel stressful. I’ve become a much better player faster by doing them than I ever could have on my own, so I recommend trying one out for anyone who is interested.