Prices and Policies
Options for Any Budget and Commitment Level
These policies are in place to honor the time commitment and financial investment of the student as well as the school, its instructors, and everything that comes together on a daily basis to facilitate our high quality of excellence. Please read and acknowledge your agreement to these terms before making your purchase. By collaborating and contracting with Roberts Music Institute, you agree to uphold and honor these policies and our terms of service.
Tuition (Weekly Lessons)
- $42.00 per ½ hr
- $77.00 per hour
One-Off Rates (and bi-weekly lessons)
- $57.00 per ½ hr
- $92.00 per hour
- $42.00 per hour session (weekly tuition)
- $57.00 per hour session (one-off)
Performance Band Headliner Fee
A headliner fee is required for students who are performing in a band that is playing a 40 minute set at our Hard Rock Cafe student showcases.
- $420 a course (includes 10 hour long classes)
- Chroma Guitar: $75 for a 3 month rental
- Gibson Guitar: FREE (if on tuition)
Guitar Set-up Course
- $160.00 (includes 4 half-hour “how to” lessons)
Monthly Tuition Option
For students that take regularly scheduled lessons, classes or ensembles weekly. Tuition is charged to your credit card monthly at least one (1) week prior to your first lesson. If you want to end your enrollment at RMI, please let us know by the 20th of the month to stop autopay. You must remain enrolled in our Monthly Tuition Program to utilize your make-up credits.
- No late fees.
- No reschedule fees.
- Cheapest lesson rates.
- Tuition guarantees your regularly scheduled time slot when you return from absence.
- Rescheduled make-up lessons are available at no extra charge.
- Make-up lessons can be reschedule for anytime other than your regularly scheduled lesson time, as long as you are currently enrolled in the monthly tuition program.
60-minute classes, 10 week commitment.
- Classes are billed by the quarter with a tuition fee of $420.00.
- There are no refunds, credits or make-up lessons for missed classes. The instructor will provide handouts for any missed classes.
- Should one wish to withdraw within the first two weeks of the quarter, a pro-rated credit for private lessons will be issued. There will be no credits applied after the third week.
One-Off Lesson Option
For students that don’t need or want a weekly scheduled lesson time.
- The most flexible scheduling option – anytime, any day, any teacher.
- No late fees
- No retainers or reschedule fees
- Tuition is charged to your credit card monthly at least one (1) week prior to the monthly scheduled lessons.
ALL RESCHEDULES REQUIRE A 24 HOUR NOTICE
- You must remain enrolled in tuition to utilize your make up credits.
- Subject to change based on instructor availability.
- Cannot be scheduled until after the 20th of each month.
- Cannot be rescheduled if missed.
- You can schedule make-up lessons for anytime and with any teacher.
- Your unscheduled make-up lessons expire after 2 months.
Make-Up Lesson Options
As make-up lessons can not be used for future tuition, you do have several great options.
- Study with any teacher.
- Do a recording session.
- Sit in with a Performance Band. with the option to sit in and play a show.
- Guitar tech series.
- Study specifics with Jay Roberts.
- Get introduced to a different instrument (i.e. Drums or Bass, and study “groove playing”).
- Do a Skype lesson.
- Get a video lesson from any instructor of your choice.
Lessons are paid on a month by month basis.
- Late payments will be assessed after attending your first unpaid lesson with a fee of $20 thereafter.
- Any bounced checks will result in a $20 returned check fee.
Refunds and Credits
RMI does not give refunds. However, we will give credits to be applied towards private lessons, classes, and ensembles. Credits can be used any time within a year of purchase and within regular business hours.
- All students are required to be on Autopay.
- We use stripe, where you credit card information is kept safe and secure.
- If you need to change the card we have on file for you, please call.
- Autopay is run on the 1st of each month.
- Your card is never charged without receiving an invoiced first (by email).
In the event that RMI cancels a lesson (Snow Day, Instructor is out sick, etc.) a makeup lesson will be scheduled at your convenience, in addition to your regular schedule.
Information will be posted on our website’s home page as well as the greeting message on our voicemail. You can also check the website for school holidays, quarter start dates and any other RMI events.
Go to www.robertsmusicinstitute.com or call 425-614-4764 for closure alerts.
RMI Holidays 2018
Our school will be closed the following days this year.
- Monday, January 1 (New Year’s Day)
- Monday, May 28 (Memorial Day)
- Wednesday, July 4 (Independence Day)
- Monday, September 3 (Labor Day)
- Thursday, November 22 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Monday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Tuesday, December 25 (Christmas Day)