This class will focus on application of the concepts explored in the Blues classes and beyond. We will experiment with rhythm playing and soloing over 12 and 8 bars blues forms in various styles,including shuffle, straight eighths,Latin and minor blues with turnarounds. Students can enter at any point in the series if they can demonstrate the required skill level up to that point.
This class is a good preparation for anyone considering joining a band or participating in public jam sessions. This ensemble class is designed to provide real playing situations, allowing the student to hone their rhythm playing and soloing skills in a band.
Some of the songs planned for exploration will include:
- Hoochie Coochie Man – Muddy Waters
- Dust My Broom – Elmore James
- Born under a Bad Sign – Albert King, Eric Clapton and others
- Hide Away – Freddy King
- The Thrill Is Gone – B.B. King
- Stormy Monday – A classic performed by everyone from Bobby Bland to the Allman Brothers Band
- Crosscut Saw – Albert King
- My Babe – Little Walter
- Key to the Highway – Eric Clapton and others
- Drown in my own Tears- Ray Charles
- Boom Boom- John Lee Hooker
This is a Performance class, culminating with a concert on the 10th week.
Reserve your spot now: